WHO WILL YOU MEET?
Meet Senior Decision Makers From OEMs Across The Globe
With Job Titles Including Heads, Managers And Engineers Of:
- PMST / Group Leaders
- Research & Development
- NVH Content
- Electrical Programmes
- Interior Trim
- Interior Design
- Material Engineers
Plus Suppliers Of:
- Interior Trim
- NVH Content
January 28, 2016
9.00-12.00 Seminar 1 PLASTICS INJECTION MOULDING
This workshop will provide Project Leaders, Managers, R&D Experts, Technology Specialist & Engineers in Plastics & Polymers with practical information on injection moulding techniques to produce plastic components that enable weight reduction across interiors whilst meeting cost, performance and aesthetic needs.
With a focus on providing the attendees with the tools to evaluate and benchmark the best injection moulding techniques, the seminar will provide the following practical benefits to the attendees through:
- Comparison of the best injection moulding techniques for plastic components to produce parts with strength integrity
- Understanding of the impacts of the injection moulding process on material properties to ensure industry standards are met whilst remaining lightweight
- Uncovering moulding techniques that can reduce air bubbles during production to manufacture a perfect finish for trim components
- Showcasing the best methods for producing a glossy trim finish to meet consumer expectations
- Demonstrating moulding practices that ensure UV resistant functionality in the finished trim component
WHY THIS EVENT IS UNIQUE
With EU emission regulations accelerating the adoption of lightweight materials …
...the industry must understand the business case for intergrating new designs to ensure regulations, industry standards, customer expectations and budgets are met. The balance of these four requirements is a difficult target to strike, however, with new innovative technologies, materials and applications being discovered throughout the world the industry is growing closer to a new lightweight vehicle generation.
This 2 day congress will bring together OEMs, Tier 1's, leading researchers and material suppliers to explore and understand the opportunities that are commercially available now and what options the future may hold.
- THE ONLY LIGHTWEIGHTING INTERIORS FOCUSED EVENT: The only event to focus specifically on lightweighting strategies for automotive interiors
- CONSUMER TRENDS VS COST: The summit will discuss lightweighting strategies in a commercially viable light, looking at solutions that can meet consumer demand as well as be cost effective for production volumes
- APPLICATION SPECIFIC: Presentations will focus on how to apply new lightweight materials and designs to capitalize on weight reduction innovations in specific sections of the vehicle
- SAFETY CONSIDERATE: With industry standards and safety regulations to adhere too, each lightweight solution will be fully investigated for crash performance to ensure necessary benchmarks are met